This website is not affiliated with the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”), the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). 

How To Apply For Your Child

If your son or daughter are under 18 years old you must give your consent for them to apply for a membership card and apply on their behalf as well as attend the compulsory interview with them. They must be a Canadian or American citizen or permanent resident with a clean criminal and immigration record.

It doesn’t matter what age your child is, you must fill out a separate application form for them and you ensure that they have a unique email address – if your children are very young you will need to be able to access this email to check for status updates.

Proving Custody For Your Child

If you’re applying for your child and you and their other parent are no longer together, you will need to show your custody documents. You will also need a letter from the other parent, which gives permission for the child to apply for the program. If you are the child’s legal guardian you will need to prove this relationship at the compulsory interview and when you cross the border or use the designated kiosks or lines.

Your Child’s NEXUS Interview

It doesn’t matter what age the child is, they must attend a NEXUS interview. If you are applying as a family you must call the enrollment center of your choice to book a family NEXUS interview. If you intend to use the NEXUS card for sir travel you must attend an enrollment facility with iris scanning. Your child is required to give biometric data for their NEXUS card – this means they will be photographed, digitally fingerprinted and iris scanned. All of these procedures are non-invasive and do not cause any harm.

Using The NEXUS Lane With Your Child

When you arrive at the border with children you should expect additional questions so that border agencies can be sure that the children in your care are not being abducted. Both parents must travel in the same vehicle as their child if they are on the same trip.

If you are not together, you need a letter giving the consent of the other custodial parent. The letter must state that the other parent permits you to take the child out of the country. Border Protection agencies need to see this letter to be sure that you are not abducting the child. You must include each parents legal full name, their current residential address and their phone number.

If your child is traveling without a parent or guardian, for example they are traveling with grandparents, older siblings or other relatives or family friends, the adults escorting the children will need to show written permission from both of the parents or guardians. This letter of authorization should contain both parents or guardians full legal names and their current residential addresses and the phone numbers where the parents or guardians can be reached.


Applying for membership is easy with our 5-star service.
You must be a US or Canadian citizen or a legal permanent resident with a machine readable PR card.
All you have to do is follow these steps:

Fill out our application form – one per applicant;

Pay the service fee (USD 139.99) for the error checks and application processing;

We check your submission and notify you of any missing information within 48 hours;

When we have your personal data in order, we pay the background and security check fee ($50 adults only) using the card listed on your application;

As a part of our service all of our customers receive a free application submission after we have thoroughly prepared and checked your application form.

Monitor your application status by using the information in the Traveler Profile – you will receive this as soon as we submit your data for security checks;

Attend an interview – it now takes up to 6 months to reach the interview stage – please be patient, this is out of our control!

Get your membership card within 10-14 days after a successful interview;